1) Did your company WALMART report or release EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization)? What income or expenses items were adjusted from net income to reconcile to EBITDA figures? (HINT: You may need to find the earnings press release correlating to the annual financial report).
2) Did your company’s net income increase or decrease from the prior period? Identify the major reasons for the increase or decrease.
3) Imagine that you are a financial analyst for your company asked to generate a forecast of your company’s net income for the future period. You know that generally the best place to start in forecasting next year’s net income is this year’s net income. Given this starting point, look at the items in your company’s recent period financial statements and make a forecast of the next period’s income.
4) What was your company’s comprehensive income for the recent period?
5) Locate your company’s note on revenue recognition. What is the revenue recognition policy? What FASB Codification is being followed?
6) Did you company’s revenue increase or decrease from the prior period? Identify the major reason for the increase or decrease.
Far from being an exact science, accounting involves estimation and judgment. Consider the case of Nelson Palmer, chief financial officer of Jasper Enterprises. Jasper is a relatively young, privately held company with thoughts of going public in the near future. The owners of the business would like to include in the prospectus (a document containing information about the company and its past performance) financial statements that support their assertion that Jasper is a successful company with a bright future.
The problem is the income statement for the past year shows a slight decrease in income from the prior period. When Nelson presented this information to the board of directors, he was told to revise the income statement. He was specifically counseled to review his estimates associated with bad debt expense, warranty expense, and estimated useful life of depreciable assets. He was invited to present his “revised” income statement to the board when it showed a 5% increase over last period’s net income – anything less would not do.
After reviewing the assumptions made regarding uncollectibles, warranties, and depreciation, Nelson found that he could revise his estimates and obtain the 5% target increase in income. But he did not feel that the revised income statement properly reflected the performance of Jasper for the period.
1. What are the risks to Nelson of revising the income statement to meet the target?
2. What are the risks to Nelson of not revising the income statement?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Our writers are encouraged to read and research widely to have rich information before writing clients’ papers. Therefore, be it high school or PhD level paper, it will always be a well-researched work handled by experts.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
For one to become part of our team, thorough interview and vetting is undertaken to make sure their academic level and experience are beyond reproach, hence enabling us give our clients top quality work.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Once you have received your paper and feel that some issues have been missed, just request for revision and it will be done. In addition, you can present your work to the tutor and he/she asks for improvement/changes, we are always ready to assist.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All our papers are sent to the clients before the deadline to allow them time to review the work before presenting to the tutor. If for some reason we feel our writers cannot meet the deadline, we will contact you to ask for more time. If this is not possible, then the paid amount will be refunded.
Original & Confidential
Our writers have been trained to ensure work produced is free of plagiarism. Software to check originality are also applied. Our clients’ information is highly guarded from third parties to ensure confidentiality is maintained.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support team is available 24 hours, 7 days a week. You can reach the team via live chat, email or phone call. You can always get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
You have had a hectic day, and still need to complete your assignment, yet it is late at night. No need to panic. Place your order with us, retire to bed, and once you wake up, the paper will be ready.
It does not matter the urgency of your paper, or the academic level, our team is ready to help you 24/7. Just contact us and all your academic needs will be sorted.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
A student is often required to write an admission letter requesting to be admitted in a certain institution. For you to be gain that admission in your dream institution, you must write a convincing letter. You can depend on our team for the best admission letters.
Academic writing is not just about getting information and throwing it all over. Our team will ensure you have a polished paper that is coherent and has a good flow of information. We also ensure the paper follows the correct formatting styles like APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago/Turabian.
If our writers write a paper but you are not satisfied in one way or another, you can always ask for revision. This is totally free. Our writers and editors will revise your paper untill you are be totally satisfied. We as well offer revision for papers not done by our writers at a small fee.