Using the financial statements for Apple Inc. and Alphabet Inc., respectively, you will calculate and compare the financial ratios listed further down this document and prepare your comments about the two companies’ performances based on your ratio calculations.
using a collaboration tool, such as Big Blue Button, or similar technology, and provide evidence of use of the tool.
Below is the link for the financial statements for Apple Inc. for the fiscal year ending 2017.
When you arrive at this website, please do the following.
First, select SEC Filings, next select Annual Filings using the drop-down arrow labeled All Filings and then select 2017, using the drop-down arrow labeled Year,
You should select the 10-K dated 11/03/2017 and choose to download in PDF, HTML, or Excel format. The PDF format is the best format for searching.
Below is the link for the financial statements for Alphabet, Inc. for the fiscal year ending 2017.
First, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on SEC filings and additional information. Next, click on Alphabet SEC filings. Type 10-K in as the Filing Type and click Search. Click on Documents for the 10-K dated 2018-02-06. Finally, click on the link next to the Form 10-K. This will open the 10-K in HTML format which is searchable.
For the Final Submission:
Your final Excel workbook submission should contain the following. You cannot use any other software but Excel to complete this project.
1. A Completed Worksheet Title Page tab, which is really a cover sheet with the names of each team member, the course, the date, your instructor’s name, and the title for the project.
2. A Completed Worksheet Profiles tab which contains a one-paragraph description regarding each company with information about their history, what products they sell, where they are located, and so forth.
3. All 16 ratios for each company with the supporting calculations and commentary on your Worksheet Ratio tab. Supporting calculations must be shown either as a formula or as text typed into a different cell. The ratios are listed further down this document. Your comments for each ratio should include more than just a definition of the ratio. You should focus on interpreting each ratio number for each company and support your comments with the numbers found in the ratios. You need to specifically state which company performed better for each ratio.
4. The Summary and Conclusions Worksheet tab is an overall comparison of how each company compares in terms of the major category of ratios described in Chapter 13 of your textbook. A nice way to conclude is to state which company you think is the better investment and why.
5. The Bibliography Worksheet tab must contain at least your textbook as a reference. Any other information that you use to profile the companies should also be cited as a reference as well as the links to the financial statements.
Required Ratios for Final Project Submission
1. Earnings per Share of Common Stock
2. Current Ratio
3. Gross Profit Rate
4. Profit Margin
5. Inventory Turnover
6. Days in Inventory
7. Accounts Receivable Turnover
8. Average Collection Period
9. Asset Turnover
10. Return on Assets (ROA)
11. Debt to assets Ratio
12. Times Interest Earned Ratio
13. Dividend Yield [For the purposes of this ratio, use Yahoo Finance to look up current dividend per share and stock price; just note the date that you looked up this information.]
14. Return on Common Stockholders’ Equity (ROE)
15. Free cash flow
16. Price-Earnings Ratio [For the purpose of this ratio, look up the market price per share as of September 28, 2017 for Apple Inc. and for Alphabet, Inc. use December 29, 2017]
Note: The Excel files uploaded as the assignment submission should not include any unnecessary numbers or information (such as previous years’ ratios, ratios that were not specifically asked for in the project, etc.).
Other Helpful Information:
If you feel uncomfortable with Excel, you can find many helpful tutorials on Excel by performing a Google search.
Chapter 13 contains ratio calculations and comparison comments for two fictitious companies Chicago Cereal and Giant Mills so you will likely find this information helpful.
provides historical stock quotes.
APA style must be used to complete the references on your Bibliography tab. The Library contains information on APA formatting.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Our writers are encouraged to read and research widely to have rich information before writing clients’ papers. Therefore, be it high school or PhD level paper, it will always be a well-researched work handled by experts.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
For one to become part of our team, thorough interview and vetting is undertaken to make sure their academic level and experience are beyond reproach, hence enabling us give our clients top quality work.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Once you have received your paper and feel that some issues have been missed, just request for revision and it will be done. In addition, you can present your work to the tutor and he/she asks for improvement/changes, we are always ready to assist.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All our papers are sent to the clients before the deadline to allow them time to review the work before presenting to the tutor. If for some reason we feel our writers cannot meet the deadline, we will contact you to ask for more time. If this is not possible, then the paid amount will be refunded.
Original & Confidential
Our writers have been trained to ensure work produced is free of plagiarism. Software to check originality are also applied. Our clients’ information is highly guarded from third parties to ensure confidentiality is maintained.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support team is available 24 hours, 7 days a week. You can reach the team via live chat, email or phone call. You can always get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
You have had a hectic day, and still need to complete your assignment, yet it is late at night. No need to panic. Place your order with us, retire to bed, and once you wake up, the paper will be ready.
It does not matter the urgency of your paper, or the academic level, our team is ready to help you 24/7. Just contact us and all your academic needs will be sorted.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
A student is often required to write an admission letter requesting to be admitted in a certain institution. For you to be gain that admission in your dream institution, you must write a convincing letter. You can depend on our team for the best admission letters.
Academic writing is not just about getting information and throwing it all over. Our team will ensure you have a polished paper that is coherent and has a good flow of information. We also ensure the paper follows the correct formatting styles like APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago/Turabian.
If our writers write a paper but you are not satisfied in one way or another, you can always ask for revision. This is totally free. Our writers and editors will revise your paper untill you are be totally satisfied. We as well offer revision for papers not done by our writers at a small fee.