Individual Case Briefs 10% (100 points – 4 total; first @ 10 points; next 3 @ 30 points each
All class members are expected to prepare a typed single-spaced (12 point Times New Roman font with 1 inch margins)1-2-page summary (TWO PAGES ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM-may be bullet pointed) for any FOUR of the six cases that we discuss in class addressing the following questions:
1) General Environment analysis: What are the most important 1-2 general environment factors to be considered for the INDUSTRY and what is their effect (positive-negative-neutral)? What is your evidence for the importance of these factors?
2) FIVE FORCES analysis: What are the most important 1-2 of the five industry forces affecting the INDUSTRY and what is their effect (high-moderate-low)? What are the 1-2 factors that evidence the importance of these forces? Is the industry attractive for new entrants AND for incumbents? Why?
3) STRATEGIC GROUP: List TWO major strategic group competitors and briefly predict the significant future action(s) of EACH competitor. What is your evidence for their importance?
4) VALUE CHAIN analysis: What are the most important 1-2 of the eight value chain areas for the company? What is your evidence for their importance? Are they superior, inferior or neutral vs. EACH of the two major competitors and why (be specific but concise)?
5) FINANCIAL/NON-FINANCIAL analysis: Discuss the most significant financial factor(s) (be specific, calculating and presenting in a three-year line chart the most important 1-2 ratios in the profitability, leverage and/or activity areas compared to your two strategic group competitors (or the industry) and non-financial factor(s) (leadership, culture, ethics/social responsibility) for the company? What is your evidence for their importance?
6) INTEGRATED SWOT analysis: INTEGRATE the SWOT analysis: discuss how one major strength pursues one opportunity and limits one threat and how one major weakness limits one opportunity and enhances one threat.
7) SCA(VRIN) analysis: Using your analysis above, briefly state what you believe to be the company’s 1-2 major capabilities or core competencies (if any) and assess their ability to create a sustainable competitive advantage by explaining EACH of the four VRIN criteria for EACH competency. Be sure to state the results of your VRIN analysis (i.e. competitive disadvantage, competitive parity, temporary competitive advantage or sustainable competitive advantage).
8) CURRENT STRATEGY analysis: In light of your analysis above, what are the company’s current strategy types (i.e. type of business level, corporate level, cooperative and international strategies the company is pursuing)? What is your evidence from your analysis above for this assessment?
Case brief is on www. Cengage.com and I will provide the log in. THE CASE BRIEF FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT WILL BE THE Illinois tool works
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Our writers are encouraged to read and research widely to have rich information before writing clients’ papers. Therefore, be it high school or PhD level paper, it will always be a well-researched work handled by experts.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
For one to become part of our team, thorough interview and vetting is undertaken to make sure their academic level and experience are beyond reproach, hence enabling us give our clients top quality work.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Once you have received your paper and feel that some issues have been missed, just request for revision and it will be done. In addition, you can present your work to the tutor and he/she asks for improvement/changes, we are always ready to assist.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All our papers are sent to the clients before the deadline to allow them time to review the work before presenting to the tutor. If for some reason we feel our writers cannot meet the deadline, we will contact you to ask for more time. If this is not possible, then the paid amount will be refunded.
Original & Confidential
Our writers have been trained to ensure work produced is free of plagiarism. Software to check originality are also applied. Our clients’ information is highly guarded from third parties to ensure confidentiality is maintained.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support team is available 24 hours, 7 days a week. You can reach the team via live chat, email or phone call. You can always get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
You have had a hectic day, and still need to complete your assignment, yet it is late at night. No need to panic. Place your order with us, retire to bed, and once you wake up, the paper will be ready.
It does not matter the urgency of your paper, or the academic level, our team is ready to help you 24/7. Just contact us and all your academic needs will be sorted.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
A student is often required to write an admission letter requesting to be admitted in a certain institution. For you to be gain that admission in your dream institution, you must write a convincing letter. You can depend on our team for the best admission letters.
Academic writing is not just about getting information and throwing it all over. Our team will ensure you have a polished paper that is coherent and has a good flow of information. We also ensure the paper follows the correct formatting styles like APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago/Turabian.
If our writers write a paper but you are not satisfied in one way or another, you can always ask for revision. This is totally free. Our writers and editors will revise your paper untill you are be totally satisfied. We as well offer revision for papers not done by our writers at a small fee.